Wednesday 6 May 2009

Tuesday 5th and Wednesday 6th May: A Very Special Trip

5th of May

I went on ANOTHER very big trip today!

We went to Sarah and Sophie's friends' house. It was at the end of a very long, long road. When we went inside there were 2 other dogs! Sarah told me that they were from the Barn as well and called Charlie and Ricky.





Then, somebody very furry came downstairs and Sophie told me it was Jacob, her brother who had been staying at their house. Then everyone gave me big hugs which was exciting. Bran was so excited that he did a big wee on the floor and ended up being very embarrassed.


Later on, I got put in this OTHER backpack that was a special doggy one. Sarah and Sophie and Sarah's friend and Bran and me went on a big walk to the shops and when we got back everyone was very tired.


After I had had my tea, we went to another lady's house! When we got there, even MORE people were making a fuss of me. Jacob and his friend Tom were making very strange noises out of big black boxes and things in their hands that Sophie told me are called guitars.

There were very special sleeping arrangements when we got back to Sarah's friend's (I found out she's called Nina) house, because I was sleeping in my Travelling House, while Sarah and Sophie were sleeping on sofas!


6th of May
This morning I started the day being very cold, so I snuggled up on Sarah's lap under the duvet until I got all warm again.

Sophie stayed asleep for a long time after I woke up and did snuggling, but when she did wake up she had her breakfast. She had yummy smelling chocolate stuff and I reallllllllllllllllllllllllllly wanted to try it but she wouldn't let me  :o(


Instead I tried to climb Bedding Mountain!


After she'd finished her breakfast, Sophie played tug with me with my blue duck. I make lots of very big dog growly noises when we play tug and it makes everybody laugh. I don't know why they laugh - they are meant to be scared!!





When Jacob came downstairs, I gave him very special Prince Hugo morning greetings!


And then I sat on the sofa with Nina and Jacob and Bran, but Nina had yummy smelling coffee and she wouldn't share it either! It's just not fair being a little dog, y'know  :o(




When the very important job of cuddling me was finished, everybody got busy moving things around and putting things in bags and then putting things in the car. I said "bye bye" to Nina and Tom and we got in the car to come home and Jacob came with us!

I was very happy to be home with my proper bed and toys.

Sarah had some phone chats with Auntie Fi today about some of my friends at the Barn who haven't been as lucky as me and have not got real homes of their own yet. 

My mate Norbert is a greyhound puppy and he has something called persistent right aortic arch and this means that he has to have all his food mushed up and he eats it with his front feet up on the worktop! He looks very silly but it means that his food all goes down properly and he does not get sick. 


My other friend Becky is a very beautiful greyhound girl. When she was younger, Becky broke her leg and whoever was supposed to be looking after her at the time did not get it mended. This means that her leg is still very wonky but it does not stop her running around like a loon!


Today, Auntie Fi took them to see a special vet lady called Diane who is going to see if she can give them operations and make them all better so that nice people will want to take them home with them and love them forever.

Sadly, Auntie Fi also told Sarah that a very special old man dog who lived at the Barn went to live at a very special place called Rainbow Bridge today. His name was Jazz and he was a very handsome Rhodesian Ridgeback. Jazz's eyes stopped working a long time ago, but he had lots of very special adventures with Auntie Fi even though he could not see. The Barn will be a very sad place without him  :o(


2 comments:

  1. What a very cute puppy and what a very brave girl you found to look after you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugo you look like you're having a fantastic time!

    Big hugs and woofs to you

    xxx

    ReplyDelete