Wednesday 6 May 2009

Friday 1st May: A Very Special Day

Guess what happened first thing this morning? I did not get any breakfast!! I didn't like that one bit, but I guess being taken for another adventure made up for it a bit. We went back to that place that smelled of dogs and other animals and this time I got to sit on Sophie's lap (Sophie is the name of the lovely girl, I found out). We went into another room and met a different man this time and he picked me up for a cuddle (good news!), but then Auntie Fi and Sophie and Sophie's mum left me with the man (bad news!). The man was very nice and he put me in a very comfy kennel in a room where there were lots of kennels full of cats!

The rest of my time at this special place is a bit of a blur because I seem to have been quite sleepy and napped a lot through the day. When I was feeling more awake I found that a bit of fur had been shaved off of my leg! But that wasn't too bad because then they gave me some food!

Eventually, a nice lady took me out of the kennel into the place that smelled of other dogs and there was Auntie Fi and Sophie's mum waiting to give me cuddles! They looked a bit sad but I don't know why so I just gave them big kisses and made them smile (I was still happy I had been fed!).

We went in the car to Nanny's house again and this time Sophie and another little girl were there.

Sophie gave me some extra special big cuddles and told me something very exciting - I am going to live with her forever and ever and ever!!! She also told me that I am not going to be "just" Hugo any more. Because I am going to be her very special boy, my full title will now be Prince Hugo Roger Hendy of Chook Towers. Isn't that a fine name?


Sophie and the girl were staying with Nanny, so Auntie Fi and the lady (I have found out that her name is Sarah) took me back to the house, my new home!

Even though I'd had a very exciting and tiring new day, I found the energy to play with Orca and the other big brown dog (Bran) for a while before snuggling up for cuddles and going to sleep. Then Auntie Fi and Orca and Patch got in the van and went back to tell my granny Rosie that I had found a new home.


No comments:

Post a Comment